Personal injury and medical malpractice attorney Jeffrey D. Gooch has worked with Salt Lake City-based law firm Jones Waldo since April 2015. Previous to joining Jones Waldo, Jeff was the founder and owner of The Gooch Firm, P.C. For more than a decade, Jeff has helped hardworking people recover compensation for personal injury, tragedy, and wrongful death resulting from the negligence or fault of another. Jeff has always devoted his practice to assisting individual injury victims, never having represented large corporations or insurance companies. Early in his career, Jeff was taught that clients always come first, and he has patterned his firm after this rule, always pursuing outstanding client service on a daily basis.
While working on his undergraduate degree, Jeff met William A. Barton of the Oregon firm Barton & Strevor. William A. Barton’s mentorship initiated Jeff’s dream of becoming a lawyer. Following this dream, Jeff attended Brigham Young University School of Law. While in school, he clerked for the law office of Young, Kester & Petro, where he was assigned to work on a class action case involving over 1900 plaintiffs. It was during this assignment that he met the legendary Gerry Spence. This introduction led Jeff to an associate position at the Salt Lake firm of Spence, Moriarity & Schuster. Thus, Jeff had the rare opportunity to train with the two of the best in the legal profession–his mentor, William A. Barton, and former employer, Gerry Spence.
- Brigham Young University, J. Reuben Clark Law School, Juris Doctor, April 1997
- Vice Chair of the Board of Advocates, Moot Court
- Traveling Team Member, Products Liability Competition
- Winner 1994 Moot Court Competition, Torts Section
- Brigham Young University, Bachelor of Arts in Political Science and English
- Dean’s List
- The national and local member of Pi Sigma Alpha, Political Science Honor Society
- Utah State and Federal Courts
- Idaho State and Federal Courts
- Wyoming State and Federal Courts
- Pro hac vice representation in Montana, Nevada, Arizona, and California
- Member, ATLA
- Member, Ethics Committee, Utah State Bar
- Member, Order of Barristers
- Board of Governors, Utah Trial Lawyers (currently Treasurer of Executive Committee), 1999 – present
- Associate, National College of Advocacy
- Medical Evidence in Utah Court: Your Guide to Effective Use, Salt Lake City, Utah, May 17, 2005
- National Business Institute Advanced Expert Witness Deposition Tactics, Salt Lake City, Utah, May 15, 2005
- The Use of Demonstrative Evidence, National Business Institute Speaker at Idaho —Trial Lawyers’ Annual Convention, Sun Valley, Idaho, July 2004
Kevin has focused almost exclusively in Personal Injury and Plaintiffs insurance issues for over the last 20 years of his career including many seminal Utah cases at both the Utah Court of Appeals and Utah Supreme Court. Kevin was a founding member of Bertch Robson Attorneys where he practiced for over 20 years prior to joining Jones Waldo.
Angus Edwards has been representing clients in personal injury lawsuits for 34 years. His experience has been primarily in auto or trucking crashes, slip and falls, construction-site injuries, and malpractice litigation. Angus has been lead counsel in more than 40 jury trials, in state and federal courts across Utah.
He has been providing advice to clients for coverage of insurance claims for three decades. The advice Angus has provided is to clients injured in auto accidents, with damage to their homes, business owners entitled to coverage for losses, and advice to other lawyers to assist them with these kinds of claims for their clients. He has represented numerous clients in lawsuits against insurance companies for bad-faith and coverage. Assisting clients with insurance claims is extremely important to Angus, because policyholders often suffer emotional and financial anguish when insurance companies fail to pay their claims.
- University of Utah, J.D., 1985
- University of Utah, maga cum laude, B.S., 1981
- Member, Utah State Bar
- Member, Salt Lake County Bar
- Lexis/Nexis, Martindale Hubbell, AV Rating
- Utah Business Magazine, Legal Elite, 2012-2018
- Best Lawyers, 2014-2018